Friday, October 31, 2008

Reaching and Grabbing

Andrew is now realizing he can use his hands. He has been reaching for things, and can grab onto them now. It is so fun to watch! I can tell he is really thinking and concentrating on getting the toy that is in front of him. He really likes his jungle mat that has toys to reach for. The kitty on the right is holding a ball that plays music when he hits it, too fun.
And last week I put some links and toys hanging from our coffee table so that he could reach and grab those too. He really likes it, and I can let him play on his own for a little bit while I fold laundry or check emails or whatever.
However, he is also starting to grab other things as well. It is not so fun when he grabs our skin (ouch!), hair or clothes. Thankfully he has not started grabbing for our food. I'm sure it won't be too much longer until he does, though.

No comments: