Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Andrew is Walking...well, almost

Yesterday Andrew took his first steps on his own. He is still a bit unsteady, and has fallen many times. Thankfully he has learned how to fall without hurting himself. He can catch himself with his arms and he rolls to the side. It is too funny. His first step on his own was when he was holding onto the coffee table and let go to walk toward Micah who was sitting on the couch. Then later Micah and I sat on the floor and took turns having Andrew walk to us. He was able to take up to four steps on his own without us touching him.
Later in the evening my mom and dad came over to drop off their van for us to use. Of course we had to show Grandma and Grandpa our new skill. And Andrew was able to take a few steps and walk to Grandma.
No pictures yet, I kept trying to get some video, but every time I tried was when he would fall or he would try to get the camera. I will keep trying. I'm sure he will be getting better each day, which makes me excited and nervous at the same time. When he gets more mobile he will be able to get into more trouble, and be more active. I'm not looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Yay for Andrew! Jack just walked with only holding onto one of our hands now and he's also transferring from the coffee table to the couch. These boys are getting too big too fast!

The Ames Family said...

Yay Andrew!! Keep going buddy! :)