Monday, September 07, 2009

Feeding the Ducks



When I was growing up I loved going to the lake and feeding the ducks. I remember begging my mom if we could go. A couple of weeks ago we saw a little boy and his parents feeding ducks at a little pond and it reminded me that we should take Andrew. So, last week we walked down to the lake by our house, Lake Fenewick, and looked for some hungry ducks. We had to go all the way to the far end of the lake to find some ducks. At first there were only two ducks, but once the other ducks saw we had food there were ducks coming at us from all over. Andrew did enjoy seeing the ducks and was fascinated by them. I don't think he quite got the idea of feeding them. He liked feeding himself some of the bread, and he would toss in whole pieces to the ducks, but they would land right down in front of him. I am sure next year will he will enjoy it even more.

No comments: