Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's Signing Time


Before we even had kids I knew I wanted to teach my babies sign language. I saw how it helped little ones communicate before they could talk, and thought it was a great idea. So when Andrew was just 6 months old we started teaching him some basic signs (all done and more). As he learned those we taught him more signs (thank you and please). And just recently we found some DVDs at the library that are wonderful! They are called Signing Time and have an adult and two kids teaching signs and doing songs with the signs. They are very well done, and Andrew LOVES them! Since we have started watching them he has really started doing lots of signs. It is so fun to see him communicate with us this way. He is starting to talk, too. Here is a list of the signs and words he knows (I may have forgotten some, but these are the ones I can think of).

Signs Andrew does:
All done
Please
Thank you
More
Airplane
Helicopter
Car
Bus
Shoes
Clean up
Water
Boat
Eat
Milk
Sign
Night-night
Light
Bye-bye

Words Andrew says:
Mama
Mommy
Dada
Ah Dun (all done)
Pane (plane)
Bo (boat)
Coter (helicopter)
Cah (car)
Buh (bus)
Shhhu (shoe)
Bubble
Cacker (cracker)
Ball
Nana
Papa
Kitty
Hello
Ha (hot)
Baa (bad)
Down
Oh Woah (oh wow)

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

That's too funny...I just noticed the train in the background is the one I brought to Care & Share in October. I didn't know you ended up being the one that got it. How fun! Hope Andrew loves it!

Hamon family said...

We love Signing Time! I actualy even like the version called "Baby Signing Time" a little better 'cause it has great songs for every sign, Jack listens to the CD in the car and does the signs.