Monday, March 22, 2010

Oregon Shakespeare Festival


A couple of weeks ago Micah and I went down to Ashland, OR for the Shakespeare Festival. This was our Christmas present to each other. We found a hotel that was offering a package deal of a one night stay, 2 tickets to any play and $30 off a dinner in their restaurant. So we flew down early on a Thursday morning, arrived around lunch time, and had a great lunch at a brew house. Then we explored the cute little town of Ashland. There were lots of cute shops to browse through. Later we headed back to the hotel to check in and took a nap. Then we headed off to dinner and our play. Dinner was wonderful! And we ended it with one of the best desserts I have ever had. It was a warm, melting chocolate cake with salted caramel ice cream on the side. Oh so yummy! I want to go back just for that dessert. After dinner it was time for our play. We saw Pride and Prejudice, and it was fantastic. They did a wonderful job. And our seats were amazing!

1 comment:

The Date Family said...

I have a friend that's in that show right now! I'm not sure who he plays, but I know that's what they're doing. His name is Steve Goodwin.