Friday, November 05, 2010

Leavenworth Getaway





Last weekend Micah and I were able to go to Leavenworth for a night. We left Andrew with Nana and Papa and took Josiah with us. When we got to Leavenworth we ate lunch at a crepe restaurant our friend Dori told us about (which was one of the main reasons I wanted to go to Leavenworth). Our crepes were fabulous, but I forgot to take pictures (we had a rough night and were pretty sleepy). Then we went to our hotel to feed Josiah and take a nap. I had no problem napping, but Micah was kept up by some teenagers making lots of noise in the next room. He ended up going to the front desk to see if we could switch rooms. They offered him an upgrade to a suite for only $50 more, and he decided to do it. When we got to the suite I was so happy he did. It was MUCH nicer than our first room. There was even a jetted bathtub, a gas fireplace, and the bed was more comfortable. I enjoyed a bath while Micah went to go get dinner. Then, one of our favorite things to do when we go away is to watch HGTV. We don't have cable, and I love that channel so we always end up watching some HGTV when we stay in hotels. That night Josiah slept really well for us and only woke up once, so we were able to get some good sleep. It was wonderful. We had a great time getting away, and got some good relaxing in.

No comments: