Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Disneyland Birthday Trip


Since Disney was doing the get in free on your birthday promotion I wanted to go to celebrate my 30th birthday. When we started planning the trip it was just going to be me, Micah and Andrew going for one day, and then it ended up being me, Micah, Andrew, Justin and my mom and dad and we all went for three days. It was a wonderful trip, and so much fun to see Andrew's reactions to everything.
For the first time we took the Disneyland Express bus instead of renting a car. It ended up working pretty well, and we didn't have to bring a car seat for Andrew which was nice. We got to the park around 1pm. And when we walked in we got to ride in one of the fire trucks. Then we walked through the castle to find Alice and the Mad Hatter. And Alice was the first character I got my picture with on my first trip to Disneyland. So it was fitting that she is also Andrew's first character. Then we took Andrew on some of the Fantasyland rides. We ended up running into my friend Starr, who we knew was going to be at Disneyland the same time we were. It was fun seeing her and her family there.
Later that night we met up with some family friends who live in Southern CA for ice cream sundaes. While we were eating them the castle was being lit for the night, so we went into the middle of Main Street to watch. After the castle was lit it snowed on us. Andrew loved the snow, it was priceless watching his reaction!
And a great way to end our first magical day was to spot Mickey and Minnie on our way out of the park. Before our trip I had Andrew watch a Disneyland sing along video and told him who the characters were. And right before we left whenever he saw a picture of Mickey he would say Mi mi, Mi mi. And when we were waiting in line to get our picture he kept repeating Mi mi, Mi mi. It was so cute!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very interesting blog. Congratulations! good jobs and an interesting template.
I am glad that I found it ;)
Have a great day!

The Ames Family said...

AAWWWW! Great pics and story. You just can't put a price on the magic to a child, can you?