Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Making Bread


I just made bread for the first time. When we were in North Dakota one of my sister-in-laws showed me a book she has, Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. I was intrigued and looked through it. When we got home I saw our library had it, and put in on hold. I recently got the book, and was excited to try it out. And I was really excited that I was able to make bread! I have been intimidated by making it before, but this book explains how to make it really well. And you make a big batch, then take off enough for one loaf, and leave the rest of the dough in the refrigerator for another time. Each batch makes about 4 loaves, so one batch would probably give you bread for a week if you baked a loaf every other day or so. I am looking forward to trying out some of the different recipes in the book.

No comments: