Friday, December 03, 2010

Winter Wonderland


Last week we got some snow it the Seattle area. On Monday morning there was just a light dusting at our house, but we still wanted Andrew to get a chance to play in it. So we bundled him up in his snow boots and coat, and let him play around in the snow for a little bit. Then I took him and Josiah to my friend Lyndsay's house. While we were there it started to snow more, and Andrew had lots of fun playing with Owen and Jack. You can see pictures on Lyndsay's blog. After a couple hours Micah called me and said the snow was starting to stick to the roads. I didn't think too much of it, and I stayed a little while longer to finish my baking project with Lyndsay. When we left I was kicking myself for not leaving earlier. The roads were slippery and the drivers were scaring me. And then Josiah started screaming. After 10 minutes of listening to him screaming and not getting very far on the road I decided to call it quits and have Micah come rescue us. It took him an hour and a half to get to me, and I was only about 5 minutes from our house (when the roads are normal). Once he got to us we went in the Starbucks to get some hot cocoa. Micah got Andrew his very first Starbucks kid drink. We enjoyed sipping our cocoa, and then headed back out on the roads to go home.
You can see the difference in the amount of snow in the two pictures.
On Thanksgiving we ended up having some snow flurries. It was a picturesque morning with the snow falling, Christmas music playing, Daddy and Mommy making French toast and bacon, and spending time as a family. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures.

No comments: