Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hawaii Day 5

On Friday we headed to Hanauma Bay for some snorkeling. On our way we stopped at Blowhole to watch the waves come up through the lava tube. It was an amazing site.
We weren't quite sure this was going to be the perfect day for snorkeling since the water was kind of choppy, but we decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of us in our stylish snorkel gear. But we did snorkel around the bay and saw lots of fun fish. I am not a big fan of snorkeling. I just do not like the feeling, and I have to see something in order to forget that I am wearing the uncomfortable mask and have to breathe through my mouth. Once I am seeing fish I am okay. Micah was great and really helped me. But this wasn't my favorite snorkeling experience. For one thing we had to swim over the reef to see the fish, and I get nervous I am going to touch the reef, or an eel is going to come out, or ... And the water was choppy and the further we went out the scarier it was. But Micah, Bob and Patti all got to see sea turtles and swim with them for a bit.
In the evening we went to Waikiki to watch the sunset. We got there right when it was setting, but it wasn't nearly as beautiful as at Sunset Beach. While we were at Waikiki we walked around and looked at the shops and stopped for some ice cream. Then it was time to head home and get some rest.

No comments: