Friday, September 02, 2005

We Are Finally Moved In!


I apologize for not updating my blog in a while. I do have a good excuse though. Kim and I are moved in to our new house and we have been really busy unpacking and doing all of the small projects that are still left. The tile looks great and we are just waiting on the mantle and legs to be made by our cabinet maker. I will be putting in the grout this weekend. Speaking of cabinets, we now have drawers and shelves so the whole kitchen is almost unpacked. The cabinet doors are still to come but I look at that as a good thing because it make things easier to find in the kitchen while I am learning a new layout. Our bedroom is all put together and everything is in its place there too.

We moved in last Saturday the 27th. Moving our new furniture from the garage into the house proved to be more of a challenge than I expected. I think next time we will move it out of the kitchen sliding door. The corner at the entry gave us much trouble with the couch. The first picture of Al and I with the couch on end doesn’t show Caroline who was trapped in the entry closet because of how we had to maneuver the couch. It was quite comical at the time. After getting them in the room we were happy to sit and relax. Kim was extra tired from supervising the project. The new furniture is extremely exciting to have. It is a special treat we got as a result of living with Al and Caroline the whole summer. You see, we didn’t have a house payment the whole summer so we could save that money and get something special. And that is what we chose.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!

When I show the photos to mom it will be:
"We are so happy for you!"

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

I love your new furniture and rug - looks great!!!

Luke Storer said...

You moved in! Hurray. And new furniture too... that's fantastic.

-Luke

Mashelle said...

Hey there, I didn't realize you were completely moved in all of the way now, congratulations.
Welcome to the neighborhood. =)