Monday, June 09, 2008

Busy Thursday

This last Thursday we knew was going to be busy so we made plans so that we were ready to be away from home all day. However, it turned out being very different from what we had planned. Some of our plans were canceled, which turned out to be a good thing. After my Bible study group Micah called me to tell me my friend Lyndsay was trying to get a hold of me because she was headed to the hospital. We found out she was not in labor, but was having trouble breathing. The doctors might decide to do a C-section though so she was wondering if we could watch their son Owen for the night. Micah and I went to our doctor appointment and then I dropped him off at a bus stop so he could head to our small group while I drove to Lyndsay's house to babysit Owen and take over from Michael's mom.
Watching Owen, who is seventeen months old, was good practice for us. On Thursday evening I fed Owen dinner, we played for a couple of hours and then it was time for him to go to bed. Micah came over after small group ended. We tried to go to sleep around 11pm, but I had the hardest time falling asleep. I had adrenaline pumping through me. I think I was worried about Owen and didn't want anything to go wrong. I ended up getting maybe 5 hours of sleep. In the morning we woke up, got Owen ready to meet his new brother, Jackson, and fed him breakfast. We heard from Lyndsay in the morning and found out her C-section went well and Jackson is a good, mellow baby and they were doing well. Lyndsay's mom and dad came in the morning to pick up Owen and take him to the hospital. Micah and I figured this was a good practice for what we are in for when Andy comes. And really, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Of course, a newborn will be different from a 17 month old, but it was a good learning experience.

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

Michael and I are so truely blessed to have friends that will changes their plans to help us out in time of need. You two are going to make great parents and I can't wait to see you in action with Andy. He is going to be one blessed baby boy!